Allurion is a gastric balloon that requires NO surgery, NO endoscopy, NO anesthesia.
Combined with personalized nutritional monitoring, it’s a “starter” that will jumpstart your weight loss and get you back on track when diet and exercise aren’t enough.
Who is eligible?
The gastric balloon is intended for patients that are at least 16 years old with a BMI not less than 27.
The Allurion Gastric Balloon cannot be placed in the following cases:
- Have already had bariatric surgery,
- Have already had more than one laparotomy.
- Have a history of peritonitis, intestinal obstruction, Crohn’s disease or UC, ulcers, gastrointestinal cancer, etc.
- Have problems with their trachea, chronic bronchitis, etc.
- Pregnant and nursing women are excluded as a precautionary principle.